You are cordially invited to attend an open presentation day regarding cultural heritage detection and landscape analysis.
Di. 20.1.2015, 14.30 h – 17.00 h
Raum: Hörsaal, Berliner Str. 48, Geog. Institut
Veranstaltung: “LIDAR Group Open Presentations”
The agenda includes several presentations, future collaboration, and time for comprehensive discussions (see below).
Open Presentations, topics (2.30 pm):
– Template-matching Approach Combining Morphometric Variables for Automated Mapping of Charcoal Kiln Sites (A.Schneider, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg)(20-30 min)
– Two different approaches of automatic cultural heritage detection (H.Raun)(10-15 min)
– Landscape archaeology and LiDAR analysis among the river Main (A.Volkmann)(10-15 min)
– Using DEM visualization techniques for large area archaeological prospection (R.Hesse)(10-15 min)
– Object detection of hidden cultural heritage in the undergrowth based on airborne and terrestrial laser scanning – a case study at the Königstuhl hillside (M.Pfeiffer)(10-15 min)
– Overview of LRG activities (B.Höfle)(10-15 min)
Thereafter: closed meeting for LiDAR group and guest speaker: Dr. Anna Schneider & Dr. Ralf Hesse
Topics for general discussion (approx. 4 pm):
– automatic detection : collaboration and improving possibilities
– Digital archaeological data infrastructure ; hosting ; (openATLAS)
– Work coordination
– Requesting additional data
– The open position at the SWM KIT
Feel free to bring further spontaneous topics for discussion.